Project WILD would like you to know each of the 2017 Top 12 even better. We prepared five questions for each of the artists/bands to help us learn a little more.
1. What brought you to country/roots music?
I always listened to it growing up. My dad always had the country station on, mum often did too. It wasn’t exactly a conscious decision per se, it just always seemed to fit. (Is that lame??)
2. When did you write your first song – as an artist or as a band?
I wrote my first song when I was 7. I still remember parts of it… it wasn’t good (obviously ha). But it’s kinda neat to think that writing has been a part of me for quite a while!
3. If you could go on tour opening for any performing artist right now who would it be?
Hmm. Tough one… I think Maren Morris is rad. Chris Stapleton… Kip Moore. Let’s start with them and see where it goes after that! 😉
4. What is the best trend in country/roots music right now?
It feels like there is more emphasis being brought back to the art of the craft. That makes me happy. You’re seeing more focus on true vocalists, and the craftsmanship of songs; Chris Stapleton is an example.
5. What part of Project WILD are you most looking forward to?
Overall, I’m excited about the direction we are being given. It’s easier to blaze a trail when someone points you in a straight line. I’m excited about the accountability and guidance… and I’m really enthused about Bootcamp!